Tuesday 15 January 2013

Introductions


I have wanted to write a blog for a while, but I have never known where to start. I guess this is it.

I am a 19-year-old girl living in a small town in the UK, more specifically, in Wales. A country known for an inordinate amount of sheep, male voice choirs and a language which seemingly throws in as many letters as humanly possible in to every word – case in point, the Welsh village named ‘Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch’ (no I do not live there, nor can I pronounce it).

I currently work as barmaid and am on a gap year to ‘find myself’. We’ll see how much this blog will help with that.

In the future, I plan to be a journalist. Again, we’ll find out whether I have any writing skills over the course of this blog. 

At the moment I'm in a sort of limbo. I'm saving as much money as possible to go travelling this year, which unfortunately means I spend a lot of time sitting around at home with very little to do. While the majority of people who I spent my life with up to now are moving on to phase 2 of life, university, I am at home. Although I am legally an adult - and have been for over a year - I still find myself living in childhood comfort. I don't need to cook, clean or pay bills, which has left me as useful as a newborn deer, excluding the instinctual survival skills. I love writing so decided that I might as well concentrate on something a bit more productive then watching countless reruns of Animal Cops Houston on Animal Planet. 

I have a lot of interests and passions, to name a few: current affairs, films, music, food, (watching) sports, fashion, crafts and photography. Its likely my blog will touch on some or all of these subjects, and my aim is that reading the entries will not be a massive waste of your time, or at least an entertaining form of procrastination. 

I hope you'll stick around for the ride. 

Sam x








No comments:

Post a Comment